No one ever wants to see mold on their property, period. Whether it’s in your home or business, the presence of mold is enough to make all the worst-case scenarios flood your thoughts: Are people going to get sick? Am I violating health codes? Do I have to move? Treating mold surely seems easy enough in the meantime—but what if it comes back? Well, here’s the truth: truly effective mold removal lies between a solid prevention strategy and doing the job correctly the first time.
How to Keep Mold Away
The only surefire way to keep mold from growing within your home or business is to keep moisture from building up in the first place. A lack of proper ventilation, poor air quality, and unintended water sources (such as leaks) can all cause moisture to build up, especially in dark, hidden spaces like closets, furniture, vents, and appliances, to name a few. Here are some ways to help prevent mold from growing:
- Install or purchase a dehumidifier for your home or office.
- Do not allow cold air to condensate by frequently turning your AC on and off; if possible, allow your home or office to maintain a consistent temperature throughout the daytime to evenings.
- When using the shower or bath, be sure to run the exhaust fan or ventilation grid to ensure that any steam from the hot water is adequately flushed out of the space.
- When boiling water or cooking, make sure that the vent hood (if you have one) is running to help circulate the air around your stove.
- Make sure crawlspaces are well-ventilated, or secure some covering on them to limit moisture seepage from the ground.
- Ensure that your home or business has proper insulation; check for any air leaks around your windows or door gaps. You may need to install more energy-efficient windows or change out your door gaskets.
However, if you’re past the point of prevention and mold is already present, you need professional mold removal services immediately. Contrary to popular belief, spraying bleach or vinegar on mold will not remove it completely. At best, it will only discolor the mold or eliminate traces of it from surfaces, but it won’t completely kill the bacteria. Effective mold removal involves using advanced industry-grade equipment, chemicals, and techniques to ensure that mold is eliminated for good.
If your mold issue is getting out of hand and you think it’s time to call a professional, please reach out to Done Right Carpet & Restoration today. With the use of our comprehensive, advanced mold removal technology, we can remove every single trace of mold from your problem area to help you make the most out of your mold prevention activities.
Mold Removal Services in Minneapolis, MN
With over three decades as a trusted provider of emergency restoration services in the area, Done Right Carpet & Restoration is proud to offer mold removal services in Minneapolis, MN. We specialize in 24/7 commercial and residential emergency restoration to issues such as water damage, sewage cleanup, fire damage, and more. With an A+ BBB rating and hundreds of 5-star reviews, we strive to uphold the standards we’ve set in the industry by completing each job professionally and efficiently. Do you need something done right? Give us a call today, and we can be at your site in under 60 minutes.